Thursday, March 11, 2021

Magnolia Branch

 




I love magnolias.  I guess it's because they are so popular here in the Deep South.  We have a couple on our property, and they make a mess.  But the pretty blossoms and unique bi-colored leaves make them worth the time spent cleaning-up after them.  I have been enjoying the book Botanical Art Techniques, and the lessons in it have been very helpful and fun.  One of them is a tutorial on how to draw a magnolia branch, and I was drawn to the texture of the branch.  Like my Granny Smith apple, I practiced in graphite first before drawing it in my Silverpoint art journal.






I've been thinking about drawing state flowers:  I thought that might give me a little direction!  I know of at least two states that has the magnolia as their official flower, so I will probably draw the magnolia blossom in the near future.

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank-you for reading my blog! Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are friendly!

Back to Top