Monday, January 18, 2021

Baubles and Bells

 



Pre-primed silverpoint paper is expensive.  I wish I could afford to draw on my favorite paper everyday, but I can't.  Imagine my surprise and excitement when I found a silverpoint drawing journal/sketchbook on Etsy: I was thrilled!  The name of the Etsy store is Pulp4Papers.  I am so pleased with my journal.  Here are the qualities I love most about it:

1.  The paper quality is very good, and there is a little bit of tooth to it.
2.  The handmade cover is so pretty and sturdy: it will hold up well in a bag or backpack.
3.  The journal opens-up flat.  This is a feature I always want in a sketchbook or journal.

I have no complaints about it at all, and I highly recommend the books if you are interested in practicing silverpoint drawing.  





I found shiny objects in the studio including satin ribbon, craft bells, and Christmas ornaments.


I love how portable silverpoint is because we like to go back and forth to the lake.  Now all I have to take are my stylus and sketchbook.  Before, I was worried about my loose paper getting bent or creased. I will probably use the sketchbook for practice and then use my drawing paper once I find interesting subjects I've practiced in the sketchbook first.

Christmas was a sad time for us this year as we were not allowed to attend church and celebrate the birth of our Savior.  I probably should've created more art because it would've made me feel better about the isolation from my church family and lack of Christmas activities with friends.  This is the first page in my sketchbook, and it was nice to see 2020 end.  I have no way of knowing what 2021 will bring: things could get worse.  But I'm hopeful!  I refuse to give-up on the things important to me and my family.

What are your hopes for 2021?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank-you for reading my blog! Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are friendly!

Back to Top