Friday, January 8, 2021

Oddly Shaped Daisy

 


I found this pretty daisy at the grocery store, and I thought it would be a fun thing to draw.  I didn't realize it had more of a squarish shape rather than round.  But still, it was a fun subject, and I loved drawing the petals.

I must have had my oldest daughter on the brain when I chose this daisy.  It's her favorite flower: She loves all varieties of them!  She always says that she loves daisies because they are the most cheerful of all the flowers.  I think she heard that line in a movie.  I think maybe Meg Ryan said that line in You've Got Mail.  That would make total sense because my daughter is a bibliophile, and Meg Ryan's character in that movie owned a children's bookstore.  Daisies melt my daughter's heart.  I like them, too, but I haven't met many flowers I didn't like.  I love painting them, too, especially peonies.  Maybe I should try to draw a peony in silverpoint next.

Do you have any New Year's resolutions?  If so, have you broken any of them yet?  I don't ever make them, but I do try to make a small goal or two monthly.  My goal for January 2021:  Participate in Yoga with Adriene's Thirty Day Yoga Challenge: Breath.  This year's challenge focuses on breath, and I think it is a super series.  I am determined not to skip a day.  That's it!  That's my January 2021 goal.  I'm off to a good start, and I love Adriene and her videos.  




Do you have a favorite flower?  If you tell me in the comments section below, maybe I'll try to draw it!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank-you for reading my blog! Please leave a comment so I know you were here. Comments are friendly!

Back to Top